Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Countdown = 25 Days....Commence Packing, Planning and a Little Panicking

As the days get closer to my departure to Central America, I have decided to start a travel blog for anyone who is interesting in following along! Just 25 days until I take off to Nicaragua and Costa Rica to work with my fellow classmates from Adrian College in assisting local physicians in general health care techniques. In preparation for packing, I recently picked up all of the necessities  that are in strong demand. 


To everyone who donated money to my GoFundMe page to support the trip costs as well as to purchase vital medications, this is what it went towards. This small amount of medicine was over $200 and really shows just how expensive and unattainable it is for people in underdeveloped countries to acquire. 

These medications include:
Adult and children's cough syrup, multivitamins, allergy medication (Claritin, Zyrtec), lice shampoo, antibiotic cream, anti fungal cream, iron and folic acid supplements, Allegra, Aleve, Prilosec and Tums.



No comments:

Post a Comment