Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 12 - Costa Rica


For our recreation day we traveled 2.5 hours to Manuel Antonio and visited the city's national park. There were many more tourists, but it was a beautiful place to spend the day. We started with a hike up a trail that was on a mountain. It was just under a mile long, but so very steep and I was dripping sweat by the end. The photo above was taken from the top and showed just how big and amazing the Pacific Ocean is. Once we hiked back down, we headed to the beach for a day of fun in the sun (hopefully I come back more tan than burnt). We saw sloths and monkeys all throughout the park and got to swim in the ocean all day, which was my first time in the pacific! 

On the way in we pulled over at Tarcoles River to see the crocodiles
Manuel Antonio National Park
We caught the end of the sunset on our way home. Check out those rays!

This is officially my last blog for my trip. Stay tuned on Facebook for a complete picture album! I am so eternally grateful to have had this opportunity to study in the field I love all the way in Central America. I hope the people of these countries can continue to get the medical support they need and deserve. Maybe I'll be back again one day. Thanks for reading and supporting me along the way, I really would not be here if it weren't for all of the amazing family and friends in my life!

PURA VIDA

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful day Kels! So happy for you that you had a great trip! Love the sunset! Better put your winter clothes on tho cuz it's gonna be freezing when you get in!☃❄️ Love you Mom and Dad ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to end this trip. So glad you got this experience that will help you so much in all you do. You did a great job of blogging, I felt like I was there!!! Safe travels home

    ReplyDelete